CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Timing

I'm not a super scheduled person, so when I have to be scheduled, it's a little difficult for me. I like to try to be organized, but I'm not great about things like having naps and bedtimes at the exact time each day. Maybe it's because I'm slightly lazy, okay...mostly because I'm lazy, but I also want my kids to be able to go with the flow and not 'lose it' when there is a schedule change. I definitely need to be more scheduled, however I'm 'scheduled out'.

Shortly after my January post, Wes had shoulder surgery to repair a failed previous surgery. Cameron was nearly potty-trained months ago, but I let it go when I was nearing the end of the pregnancy, and for some strange reason I decided to finish up about 2 weeks before Wes' surgery. The week following Wes' surgery went something like this:
Give Wes medicine, get Cameron and Wes food, take Cam to the bathroom, feed Billy, change Billy, take Cam to the bathroom, give Wes medicine, feed Wes and Cam...then repeat each day for 7 days.
I've never been so frazzled in my life, and am so thankful for living so close to our families. They totally saved me! Wes thought he would return to work after only 3 1/2 days, but it was difficult when he returned a full week later. Luckily everything is settling down. Wes is feeling much better, and Cameron was so easy to finish potty-training. I guess it's nice because what used to seem crazy now seems much more simple. I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

Don't forget to look at the post below with all the pictures. Billy is growing and changing so much. He was just blessed and also had his 2 month doctor's appointment. He and Cam are similar in height, but Billy is way ahead in his weight percentiles. He's getting cute rolls on his thighs and I'm in love with his chubby cheeks! Life is good.

2 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Jodi, it is so good to visit your blog and find out what is going on in your life! Little Billy is beautiful!!! I love the tender little story of why you named him Bill. That is very special and a wonderful person to be named after. I love all the pictures and enjoyed seeing how cute the boys are together. Keep blogging -- as it keeps me informed of what's going on with you. Bumping in to you at Food Town is just not good enough! See you later -- and keep the posts coming!

McNeil Family said...

Jody, I saw you on Sunday and your boys are sooo cute! You are so lucky to have a chubby little baby, he is adorable and I bet so squishable. Keep the posts up. I noticed in the background that your house looks so beautiful. Lucky you! I am so jealous. I'm glad you made it through taking care of all three of your boys! And by the way, I thought you would be a super scheduled person. I'm actually shocked. I try to pretend there are other reasons that my child doesn't take naps at the same time every day, but it probably is because I am lazy. I seriously don't believe for three seconds that you are lazy. Nice try though.