CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Out of the mouths of Babes...

This is a cute idea I stole from Jenny's blog. The rules are, you copy this note, ask your child the questions and write them down exactly how they respond.

Cameron: 2 years 11 months
*He had just woke up from his nap, and was pretty irritated with the questions by the end, but here they are anyway.

1. What is something dad always says to you? No way!
2. What makes dad happy? ME!!! (while forcefully pointing to his chest)
3. What makes dad sad? Daddy don't get sad, just happy!
4. How does your dad make you laugh? Don't really know.
5. What was your dad like as a child? He would clap his hands. Yep clap his hands w/ his teacher.
6. How old is your dad? 2
7. How tall is your dad? Bigger than me and STRONG!
8. What is his favorite thing to do? Work
9. What does your dad do when you're not around? Work
10. If your dad becomes famous, what will it be for? (He didn't really get this one)
11. What is your dad really good at? Work
12. What is your dad not very good at? Being a swiper
13. What does your dad do for his job? Works for money
14. What's your dad's favorite food? Basketti (This is Cam's favorite, Wes really dislikes it)
15. What makes you proud of your dad? Poop (We kept telling Cam we were proud as he was being potty-trained)
16. If your dad were a cartoon character, who would he be? Diego
17. What do you and your dad do together? Shoot some deers, play with Kate and Gus
18. How are you and your dad the same? Both boys
19. How are you and your dad different? (He couldn't come up with anything.) He thinks they're exactly the same. Or at least wants to be.
20. How do you know your dad loves you? hugs, kisses, and plays bouncy ball game
21. Where is your dad's favorite place to go? Work make money

Now I must add that Wes isn't obsessed with work, but Cameron is truly devastated everyday when Wes leaves. Even if he's asleep when he leaves we have the following conversation almost daily:

C: "Where's Dad?"
M: "Work"
C: tearing up "But I don't want him to go to work."
M: "I know, but he has to go to work."

repeat 3 - 5 times

C: "Why?"
M: "He has to go to work to make money so we can have food and clothes and a house."
C: "But I don't want him to go to work!"

repeat

Finally I or we distract him with something else, and a promise that Dad will be back later to play with him.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Krista said...

He is so cute!!!! I can't believe how fast he's growing up!! He always has the cutest things to say. Tell everyone hi and I miss you guys.

The Preece Family said...

Cute post! Sounds like Wes is a workaholic! And I can only imagine him clapping his hands with his teachers when he was younger. :)

But, I love Cameron's answers...isn't it a great way to capture what they think at this age??