CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Journaling

I used to be... not awesome, but pretty great about writing in a journal. Now, if I could even find my journal in our basement, I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been written in for a year. So I'm going to try out using the blog as a journal. Now I recognize that most of it won't necessarily be interesting to anyone but me, but at least I'll be documenting things I want to remember right?

First of all Cameron is at that very funny stage. He is always saying silly things. And, MAN, does he ever have a memory. I swear he remembers everything, even if he's only seen or heard it once. Which is great if it's educational, but frequently he remembers things I'm not that excited about. Here are some funny things he's said in the past few months I'd like to remember:

Shortly after Billy was born Cameron had no choice but to become more of a 'Daddy's Boy'. Commenting on it one day I said, "You're such a daddy's boy!" and he excitedly stated, "Yep! And you're Billy's boy!"

He frequently changes the names/nicknames he has for people. My new name is Mama-girl. Wes is called Weswee. My dad is Gramps. Also Cameron is asking to be called Gus. (Which is one of our dog's names.)

Cameron absolutely loves his cousins and regularly asks about them. However, he's been a little nervous about babies that crawl and hasn't been quite as interested in Will's and Isabelle's little brother Joey. (He walks now, so we'll see how it goes.) One night while praying he was thankful for Will, thankful for Isabelle, and then not being able to remember their little brother's name said, "and thankful for somebody else" and just kept on praying. He likes to say long prayers and will sometimes repeat everything 3 times just to keep it going.

I love how good Cameron is with Billy. He's quite observant with regard to Billy's needs and emotions. I was almost done getting ready this morning when I heard Billy fussing, and before I could get to him I heard Cameron say, "What's wrong Bud?" He's always referring to him as Bud and Buddy.

Cameron used to say he wanted to be a doctor when he grew up, but there were a few conditions. "I not give any shots though. Billy gives the shots. I take the temperatures."

He can't say the /v/ sound. It's a /b/ sound instead.

After waking from his afternoon naps, he always tells me good morning.

1 comments:

Jeremy and Krista said...

He is so cute. I can't believe some of the stuff he says. Its like he's so grown up!!! Jeremy definately misses him. When I showed him the pictures you sent home with me to Jer he put them up on our board right away. I hope everything is going well. Sounds like Billy is cute as ever. Hopefully we'll see ya soon. Take Care and tell Wes and Cameron hi for Jer and I.