CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Confession

I must confess...I've never been much of an excerciser...EVER...until recently. I have been excercising 4-5 times a week and LOVING IT! For the first time in a long time I feel strong. It helps me so much to make time to do this for myself. I think I have a better attitude about all the other things I have to do. Plus, there's the upside of getting in shape. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that before I often averaged 9 migraines a month, and it's recently been cut in half!

So thanks to all the fun people I see when I go, and Shauna for turning her house into a gym. To all you mothers (and others) who are feeling burned out, make a committment to do this for yourself, it's the best thing I've done in a long time. Here's to health!

5 comments:

Madysin Leavitt said...

Your awesome jody. It's fun to see you and Cameron everyday. I'm glad that it has been helping your headaches. See you monday

Hilary said...

Totally. I hadn't exercised regularly since quitting dance about 8 months ago, and even then I was teaching so it wasn't that hard core, but in the last few weeks I have been going to the gym to run and swim and I feel like a different person. Yay for cardio (as much as it sucks, the side effects are awesome). Yay for the loss of migraines. I've noticed my face clearing up too...weird huh?
Maybe those fitness mags have some truth after all.

Chris said...

Its been three weeks today since my little Natalie was born and I am SO looking forward to being more able to go running (walking is boring...) and swimming. It does feel good to be active. I always swore I'd never be the wife who "lets herself go" I intend on honoring that. High five!

The Preece Family said...

I totally agree! Working out is a pain to get going, but completely worth it at in the end. I usually dread my runs and think of a million excuses why I can't go, but after I come back, I am so happy I did it! Especially if you work out in the morning, you'll have a huge surge in that much needed energy to chase around a kid throughout the day! If we end up there next year, we should train for and do a race together! :)

Brooke said...

I agree! It's one of those things I've simply had to MAKE time for, but it's been so worth it!