CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WICKED


Completely, totally, utterly AMAZING! I was absolutely mesmerized the entire time. It was one of those experiences that leaves you thinking..."I WANT to do that!"..."I want to be on that STAGE!"..."I will do anything to do THAT!"...And then a few short seconds later reality sets in and you realize...I don't sing like Donna Vivino...I've never done a musical-though I'd like to...even if it were possible to make it into a cast...the traveling...the boys...the late nights...my headaches...


Then I totally laugh to myself over my train of thought. There are so many wonderfully different roles to have and places to be in this world. I think the secret is to be happy with the one you have, and I must say, for me, mine is pretty GREAT!

4 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I can just close my eyes and imagine watching the end of Act 1 with Defying Gravity. Seriously, Act 2 never had a chance of beating that!

I go through these same trains of thought as I watch my friends and dance acquaintances dance on tv. It seems like every new dance show that comes on has at least one person I know on it. And I think....man, life would have been different if I had chosen that route. But where I am just can't be beat. Isn't knowing your Divine role great? Still...we can pretend :)

McNeil Family said...

You are so cute. I love the pic! Makes me wish I had been lucky enough to see it.

The Preece Family said...

I love Wicked too!! We didn't catch it while it was here in SLC, but saw it in Baltimore a few years ago and I've never forgotten it! Isn't it amazing?? It is sooooo good. Glad you enjoyed it! But you're right - being a mom is the best role ever! :)

Billie Sue said...

Ah ha! I knwq I could find a few others who would be thinking the same things I go through! One day....we will all join together and do something fabulous that we want to! There is a time and a season for everything....and we WILL find the time! I too loved Wicked! Earl and I went with Giselle and Noah in London last year and then Darlene Clegg took Billie Jo, Chelsea (her daughter) and me here in Salt Lake. It was even better than I remembered it being! I loved, and now I know how you feel, when I produce my big musical -- you are so there!!! By the way -- those boys are B E A U T I F U L!!!!