CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Growing like weeds

No longer my tiny cowboy.
I cannot get over how fast my boys are growing. Much too fast. Most of Cameron's 3T clothes all became 'floods' about 2 months ago, and according to my scale Billy is somewhere around 16 pounds! I take them to the doctor in about a week so I'll know for sure then. Cameron will soon be turning 3 and I just can't believe it. He is so grown up. I guess becoming a big brother, getting potty trained, and growing an inch or two really makes him seem so much older. He is so fun, smart, hilarious...I could go on. He is really coming out of his shell--even walking over to Steve Hardman after sacrament mtg to shake his hand and tell him goodbye.

Just recently I've really felt the weight of the responsibility I have to teach my children the 'important things'. So before Easter we had a little lesson which Cam loved. His favorite part of the story is about the angels rolling the stone away from the tomb. I recently looked at a friend's blog (the Scott's) and got some great ideas for next Easter from her and her sister. There is a link at the side of my blog if you're interested.

Cameron's most recent gospel centered question: "Does Jesus have a car or truck?" We laughed, weren't sure what to tell him, but when he persisted we told him "He can probably have whichever one he wants." Leave it to a little boy to be worried about cars and trucks!

An earlier discussion was him in the bathtub pretending to drink the water from one of his toys proudly exclaiming he was drinking "Copy" which he confused with coffee. He caught me off guard and after we figured out that he learned about 'copy' from TV I fumbled through an explanation that coffee isn't good for our bodies so we shouldn't drink it. He didn't really seem convinced so I then said, "Mom and Dad don't drink coffee because it isn't good for us, do you still want to?" To which he replied "Yep." So I took the discussion a little further explaining that we learn at church and from the scriptures that we shouldn't drink it. He liked this a little better, but what totally convinced him was that "President Monson doesn't drink coffee and tells us we shouldn't either." Well, I guess if he won't follow mine and Wes' example I definitely won't complain if the one he wants to follow is President Monson!

4 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

They do grow up too fast! I have been feeling the same lately about the responsibility of teaching my child all the things they need to know! Parenting is such a big responsiblity, but it sounds like you are doing a great job with your boys!

Giselle Rasheta said...

So big, holy cow! Your boys are so cute, and I have mixed emotions lately about children growing.... sounds like you're doing an amazing job teaching your little ones the gospel, as I'm sure you'll continue to do.

Jeremy and Krista said...

He comes up with the cutest things!! I still can't get over on Sunday when he told jeremy to fold his arms. I have to tell that story to everyone. I can't complain I have some of the cutest nieces and nephews!!

Aimee said...

Jody- Your kids are super cute. I can't believe you have two. I hope all is going well for you and Wes. I just got into the blogging world. It has been fun to see how everyone is doing. I have started one as well but am not so good at it yet. I will keep working at. Just thought I would say hello.
Aimee Jensen