As many of you already know, church was cancelled yesterday due to the bad weather, and on Super Bowl Sunday! This is the first time in my life this has ever happened. We were quite surprised to get a phone call informing us, we actually thought it was a joke at first, then did our part calling others. For you out-of-staters that haven't seen how much snow we have recently received, here are a few photos I quickly took on Saturday.
I was so proud of my little walk-way. It doesn't look like much, but this snow is HEAVY. After doing this, I decided it would be Wes' job to shovel the front walk.
The big mound of snow next to our Subaru is our white car. It had a little trouble earlier this winter and we were debating whether it was worth fixing or not. I guess it's hibernating for now!
This picture doesn't do justice to the depth of the snow, but it's almost covering the fence!
It's already started to fill in, but I wanted to show how Wes took care of the front walk. Using the tractor seems like cheating to me, but whatever works.
I couldn't get the actual top and bottom of the icicle, but it is enormous and really touches the ground. We should probably break it off I suppose, but I'm afraid it will rip the rain gutter, or perhaps even the roof off.
I don't like being cold, but it is really pretty when we get fresh sparkling white snow. It's also a blessing to get this much moisture considering we live in a desert. So I guess I'll forget about my freezing feet, and put my smiley face on until warmer days ahead.
Monday, February 4, 2008
WHAT!?! Church is cancelled?
Posted by Jody at 4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's pretty much what it looked like at our house too and yup, church was cancelled. I'm with you, I don't like being cold but thank goodness for water!
It's pictures like those that make me happy that i live in califoria. goodluck with the snow!
Wow! I had no idea it snowed that much out there! I have to say, they literally cancel schools, churches, etc. across the state of Maryland if one snow flake falls from the sky...
Can you imagine what would have happened if we got that storm???
Growing up in Utah lets Steve and I get a good laugh about it every time we hear about the super market runs on the news nowadays. :)
Wow Jody! I must admit this makes me cold to even think about. There are days I miss Utah a lot, but seeing those pictures make today NOT one of them. COLD. If you have spring fever, you and Wes should come visit us. We have an extra bed!!! C'mon....we're dying for visitors. It's going to be 70 degrees and sunny this week. You could talk Lara and Ben into coming too :)
Post a Comment