CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

House Update

Here are some shots of the house. It is finally becoming a reality! We've just finished all the plumbing, heating, electrical, etc. and have our 4-way inspection tomorrow. We're keeping our fingers crossed, because if we pass tomorrow we'll be ready to insulate right away. The first picture is the back of the house that looks out over the valley. The bottom pictures are the view from some of our (dirty) windows. The view is the only thing that makes up for the road up to the house. We'll probably get moved in just in time to really put our 4-wheel drive to use, and with our utah/kamas weather it will be good-bye to having clean cars!



Cameron absolutely loves 'his new house'. He knows how to get there and directs me as we drive "go dis way to my new house" and when we hit the bumps in the road he'll say, "Easy Mom". He loves to play in all the dirt and rocks, and work on the house with all the tools. It's a little boys dreamland. It's going to be a shock for him when we move in and he can't beat on the walls with hammers and run around all muddy! :) My favorite part is his enthusiasm about it all. He shows everyone his room, which according to him changes all the time, but I love it most when he very excitedly says, "My weendows!" Who knew he'd get so excited about the windows!? Anyway, we decided not to general contract ourselves, and it has been so wonderful. Mike McNulty is doing it, and he has done a fantastic job!

12 comments:

emily said...

Where are you building? Looks like it will be a beautiful house! Good luck with it all...ours seemed to take forever after sheetrock.

Hilary said...

WOW! THat looks like it is going to be amazing. And what a view! That is so exciting to get into a gorgeous custom home. That view totally makes me miss Kamas valley, it is so beautiful there. congrats :)

Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...

That is so exciting! I love the cute pronunciations - I can just hear Cameron talking the way you describe it. That will be so nice when your new little guy arrives.

Chelsea Johnson said...

It is enormous! It is going to be so beautiful and you will totally love it, even if your car gets pretty dirty on the way there!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I didn't even know you guys were building...what a beautiful house! I am definitely jealous. It seems like Cameron is loving his new house even as much as you are...keep up the good work and the updates.

Jody said...

We're only finishing the main floor for now, so it's really not enormous. We're not intending to stay there forever, so it will depend on how long we're there for whether we'll finish the basement or not.

The Arizona Leavitt's said...

Jody, I have looked at your blog a few times and never left a comment, so I was so glad when you left one a few months ago. A house and a new baby boy! Wow, you are going to be busy, but what wonderful things to be busy with.

The Crazy Wolf Pack said...

You guys house is beautiful. The other day Kayden was at grandma Romas and they made puffed rice balls. Kayden was listing off the names of the people he had made one for and he said he made a real small one for Cameron. So maybe he will have to bring it over to him. Also I have tagged you on my blog. So you can go there and see the rules. Have a good weekend.

The Preece Family said...

I didn't even know you were building a new place!! Looks amazing -- what a great view. Hope it gets done quickly...such a stress isn't it?

Brooke said...

Hooray for you..it's looking SO good! I can't wait for the tour!

PS I hope you are feeling good...it's been a while since I last saw you!

Chaci said...

Wow! I'm so impressed, a gorgeous house and view. I'm so excited for you! Jody, I hope you're feeling ok, so sorry about your migraines! Did you ever call the blood guy I told you about? I can't imagine how you function with such terrible migraines, wish I could help you!