CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not Much Going On

Not much is going on right now. Well, except for having a HORRIBLE cold for, I don't know, the last 12 DAYS! I completely forgot how inconvenient it is to be pregnant and not be able to take any medicine. Other than this, the pregnancy has been going pretty great. I haven't gotten a migraine in a while now, and have been feeling quite well. In fact, I've been feeling so well it seems I'm enjoying food far too much lately. What I'm going to eat next seems to occupy my mind way too much. My camera is currently out of commission so I don't have any pictures right now, but I'm almost 23 1/2 weeks along and have rather suddenly began to show in the last 2-3 weeks. The upside to this is people realize I'm not just getting chubby! It's always awkward to see someone you haven't seen in awhile and feel the need to throw "I'm pregnant" into the conversation.

Cameron is growing like a weed and talking more than ever. He cracks me up everyday with the things he says. I need to do a better job of writing these things down, and since I'm not doing it on paper I should at least do it here. Today he started enthusiastically waving as I was loading the truck with groceries, so I asked him who he was waving at, thinking it must certainly be a relative to receive such a wave. His matter-of-fact response, "Women". I couldn't believe it. I chuckled and said "You're waving to women?" and he said, "Women in cars". I think I might be in trouble with this little guy and the ladies!?!

He also had some sort of flying insect chasing him outside (I didn't really see it, but heard it buzz) and was pretty upset about it. So I casually said just shoo them away with your hand. He immediately began waving his hands and singing, "Shoo fly, bother me No! NO!" He apparently only caught on to part of the shoo fly song.

Lastly he has started responding to any mildly bad news, such as you have to sleep in your own bed, with "Oh DEAR!"

7 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Ha ha, I love your little ladies' man! Um, hi...you're just starting to show at 23 weeks with your 2nd one and you think about food all the time? Imagine if BEFORE you were pregnant all you did was think about food and what and when you were going to eat next. That's how I was, and now it's only harder. I think I'm huge already at 15 weeks, so be proud of yourself that you lasted so long!!!

Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...

Cameron sounds like such a funny kid, I hope he and Jarett can play together one of these days. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. That's great that it has been going well so far.

The Preece Family said...

Ok, that is the funniest story about Cameron waving a "women"...must be Wes' boy! JK. :) Hope you feel better soon so we can play!

emily said...

Oh, you are in for so many more funny (& emberassing) talking moments...so cute.

McNeil Family said...

I'm just sitting here laughing at your funny little boy. Actually laughing so much that I had to read it to Allen... So very cute. I can't imagine you chubby... I'm sure you don't have to tell anyone you are pregnant... sometimes I tell people that but unfortunately I'm not.

Billie Sue said...

I'm dying laughing at the "women" story. How cute. Your house looks beautiful -- I'm happy for you and good luck!

Sycamore Girl said...

Jody, thanks for stopping by The Sycamore! Glad you liked the post. I am digging your posts though! Seriously? I new house and a new kid? You are crazy blessed! You and your Cowboy life make me a little jealous. We're getting there. Slowly but surely.
Happiness to you and your growing family!