CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

About Us Part 2

I'm finally doing a little catching up, Wes is out of town and Cameron's asleep. So here goes part 2...
Wes and I got married and moved to Ogden in a very scary area along the Ogden river. I look back now and wonder "What were we thinking?" Wes had just come back from Brazil and thought it was a great place. It's rather amazing we made it through that place with only minor things such as the starter stolen off the truck. (We lived just down the street from where all the gay men met up at all hours on the side of the road, and the scent of marijuana was always present in the hallway.) We both went to Weber and worked. Wes also began to college rodeo on scholarship. Andy Woolstenhulme and his wife were also rodeoing so we traveled with them and it was a lot of fun.

Luckily we moved to a better area in Ogden, a gated apartment directly behind the Ogden temple. Wes continued going to school while I student-taught at Roy Elementary. After I graduated we moved back to Oakley and Wes commuted to school. I got a job at South Summit Elementary teaching 1st grade and loved it. During school Wes worked at the Grand America Hotel as a bellman, then worked for the S Bar S Ranch as a horse trainer, and then on his own as a horse trainer. He became an even more accomplished horse rider and trainer. Besides roping he entered the new arenas of reining and cutting. He also became very intrigued and educated about horse bloodlines and breeding. He even got quite skilled with horse ultrasound. (He could tell Cameron was a boy before the ultrasound tech could even tell us just because of his experience.) This is why we have 4 broodmares and a stud (stallion) horse among our 15 somewhat horses. We also have 40 cows and 2 dogs. We are definitely downsizing our animal numbers this summer. There's just not time for them all.

Wes really considered being a vet. He easily could be one, he already does everything a vet does, but we were led down a different path. Before Wes graduated he got a job in Orthopedic Sales and then graduated from Weber. He still carries the first line, but also works for OrthoPro, based in Salt Lake.

So there's part 2. Not much left for part 3.

10 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, those were all things I didn't know about you guys, very cool. Also Jordan turned two in Feb. So he and Cameron are fairly close in age.

Madysin Leavitt said...

I'm sure that part 3 will be every bit as exciting as part 1 and part 2. I'm looking forward to it.

The Preece Family said...

Those are fun things to read about you two!! Can't wait to see what Part 3 has in store for us... :)

Natalee Maynes said...

THis was so fun to read! So much stuff I didn't know about you guys even though we went to school together! Hope all is well. If you guys are around in July, maybe we'll see you!! :)

Chaci said...

Thanks for posting this, it was great to read! I'm excited for part 3--you need to catch me up on everything I've missed these past few years!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the updates--I always learn new things about you two. Have you started your house yet?

Callister said...

So fun to learn about you and Wes. How long have we known each other? :) We actually experienced weird stuff more at the house in Marion than in Peoa believe it or not.

The Crazy Wolf Pack said...

No her husband didn't go just her and her little boy. She would speak portuguese sometimes but only to her son and when her mom came here and stayed for 2 months. She was originally born in Sal Palo but her dad died when she was 8 and her mom, brother and herself moved back to her moms home town. I don't remember what the name of it is. Kandice also speaks spanish and some german.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Hey Jodi-
Your little boy is completly adorable! Its great to hear about people's lives and what they've been doing since high school! Glad you stopped by my blog--I will definitely be keeping tabs on you guys now!

Hilary said...

THat was great. loved it. Time for another post! Get crackin'...I want part three and more pics!!!! :) lol, I mean that in a nice non-demanding sort of way. ;)